[comp.dcom.lans] Looking for users of high-speed networks

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (07/07/90)

I'm looking for users of high-speed networks (80 mbps or more) who
would be willing to talk to me for an article.  Your network can be
proprietary or FDDI-based.  Please reply here or by email. The article
is to appear in a special report called CW Direct, which is put out by
an arm of ComputerWorld.  Thanks for your help!

In article <12252@asylum.SF.CA.US> sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) writes:
>I'm looking for users of high-speed networks (80 mbps or more) who
>would be willing to talk to me for an article.  Your network can be
>proprietary or FDDI-based.  Please reply here or by email. The article
>is to appear in a special report called CW Direct, which is put out by
>an arm of ComputerWorld.  Thanks for your help!

Actually, if you're a vendor of such products, I'd be interested in
hearing from you, too.  Thanks!

brunner@bullhead.uucp (07/14/90)

In article <12253@asylum.SF.CA.US> sharon@asylum.UUCP (Sharon Fisher) writes:
>In article <12252@asylum.SF.CA.US> sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) writes:
>>I'm looking for users of high-speed networks (80 mbps or more) who
>>would be willing to talk to me for an article.  Your network can be
>>proprietary or FDDI-based.
>
>Actually, if you're a vendor of such products, I'd be interested in
>hearing from you, too.  Thanks!

Sharon (and anyone else who likes Christmas early), I suggest that you attend
InterOp this October. We had just under a dozen FDDI stations last year, and
we're going to have ~30 this year... of course, each station is really a
vendor seeking to show "interoperability".

We usually have fun, and really, having all of the network toys under the
tree in October is a networker's Christmas morning. There will be non-FDDI
toys, of course!

Eric Brunner, Consultant, IBM AWD Palo Alto	(415) 855-4486
inet: brunner@monet.berkeley.edu		uucp: uunet!ibmsupt!brunner

trying to understand multiprocessing is like having bees live inside your head.

peiffer@cs.umn.edu (Tim Peiffer (The Net Guy)) (07/14/90)

In article <1990Jul13.201145.8379@ibmpa> brunner@ibmsupt.UUCP () writes:
[...]
>>Actually, if you're a vendor of such products, I'd be interested in
>>hearing from you, too.  Thanks!
[...]
>Sharon (and anyone else who likes Christmas early), I suggest that you attend
>InterOp this October. We had just under a dozen FDDI stations last year, and
[...]

	For those who do not have the opportunity to go to InterOp, regional
	shows and vendor evaluator units are the only way to look at and
	play with the new toys.  Since I cannot encumber funds, evaluators
	might not be appropriate for me to look at.  This leaves regional
	shows (sigh).  Are there any shows in the midwest (chicago ?) that
	specialize in such high speed networking?

	Even if my boss would not be willing to pay for it, I would be
	willing to fly there to see the show if there were something close.

Tim 	"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
--
Tim Peiffer				peiffer@cs.umn.edu 	or