[comp.dcom.lans] New packet drivers for UB boards

pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (07/30/90)

In article <NELSON.90Jul28001757@image.clarkson.edu> you write:
>Hi.  The first alpha release 7.x of the Clarkson collection of PC
>packet drivers is now available.  You can FTP it from
>driver, a Localtalk driver, NTI 16-bit driver and a Ungermann-Bass
>PC/NIC driver.

Are you planning to create a driver set for the Ungermann-Bass NICPS2
board?  I am wondering why not too many people have supported this
board.  It can't be MCA...the WD board seems to well supported in the
MCA.  I have 32 of them!

Thanks,
Peter
pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (07/31/90)

In article <12339@rouge.usl.edu> pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:

>In article <NELSON.90Jul28001757@image.clarkson.edu> you write:
>>Hi.  The first alpha release 7.x of the Clarkson collection of PC
>>packet drivers is now available.  You can FTP it from
>>driver, a Localtalk driver, NTI 16-bit driver and a Ungermann-Bass
>>PC/NIC driver.
>>

>Are you planning to create a driver set for the Ungermann-Bass NICPS2
>board?  I am wondering why not too many people have supported this
>board.  It can't be MCA...the WD board seems to well supported in the
>MCA.  I have 32 of them!

I was under the impression that the NIC and NICPS2 where the same board,
just ISA and MCA as the difference. I assumed that the NIC driver would
work with the MCA board.

Am I missing something? I'd love to hear from anyone that has used the V7
NIC driver with the NICPS2.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden