[comp.dcom.lans] What is BAPI???

tim@NCoast.ORG (Tim Stradtman) (08/23/90)

A co-worker here has heard of a program/system called BAPI in conjunction
with 3COM lans.  Can anyone shed some light on this??

Thanks

tim@ncoast.org     or    ak215@cleveland.freeent.edu

j_rodin@hpfcso.HP.COM (Jon Rodin) (08/24/90)

>A co-worker here has heard of a program/system called BAPI in conjunction
>with 3COM lans.  Can anyone shed some light on this??

BAPI (which I believe stands for Bridge API) is an INT14 comm interface for
terminal emulators.  It works over LANs and serial connections.

paul@actrix.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug23.144633.7617@NCoast.ORG> tim@NCoast.ORG (Tim Stradtman) writes:
>A co-worker here has heard of a program/system called BAPI in conjunction
>with 3COM lans.  Can anyone shed some light on this??

Bridge Application Protocol[?] Interface.  This forms part of a TCP/IP
protocol implementation for MS-DOS which allows conforming terminal
emulation software (such as Kermit) to hook into Telnet sessions.  It is
also shipped with the HP LAN Manager software.   I believe it was
developed by 3COM, but has been used by other vendors too.
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.co.nz