[comp.dcom.lans] Etherswitch - Go and see it !!!

darren@shapec.mdcbbs.com (09/01/90)

> In article <1990Aug31.132348.1016@mdcbbs.com>, bolland@mdcbbs.com writes:
>
>   An excellent Article on the EtherSwitch can be found in Data Communications
>   International (August Issue) pp67-71
>
>   It is written by Vinod Bhardwaj - Principal Scientist at Kalpana

 I understand that Kalpana Inc. (USA 408 378 3645) will be demonstrating
 the Etherswitch at the following events. This is supposed to include a
 full, live demonstration.

       NETWorld, Dallas 11th-13th September
       INTEROP'90, San Jose 8th-12th October

 As I'm based in the UK, with little chance of getting to one of
 these events, I'm hoping that someone reading this newsgroup will
 be going, and will post their feelings/impressions about the product;
 perhaps they could even get someone from Kalpana to answer the questions
 in this newsgroup. It's always much easier to ask intelligent questions,
 and get answers, when things can be demonstrated in front of you.

 I'm trying to arrange a DEMO/LOAN of one of these things, to see
 if it might help with a VAXCluster Problem that we have. I'll let
 you know how I get on.

 Kalpana aren't on USEnet at the moment, and were unaware of all the
 questions flying around - hopefully they'll soon be with us. 8-)

 Darren Bolland (Networks and Unix)
 Shape Data Ltd, A subsidiary of McDonnell Douglas
 46 Regent Street
 Cambridge
 England
 Tel: 44 223 316673