[comp.dcom.lans] Netware for MAC on WD8003

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (09/13/90)

I want to install Netware for Macintosh on my server. However the servers use
WD8003 network cards and MACSETUP won't let you install on anything that isn't
on the lan_drv_.180 disk.

Anyone got any ideas?

|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|  Computer Support Person              |  Phone  (071)562889 xt 8181        |
|  Computer Science Department          |  Amiga 3000 for ME!                |
|  University of Waikato                |                                    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |

mckimg@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (09/13/90)

In article <1549.26efb576@waikato.ac.nz> hamish@waikato.ac.nz writes:

>I want to install Netware for Macintosh on my server. However the servers use
>WD8003 network cards and MACSETUP won't let you install on anything that isn't
>on the lan_drv_.180 disk.

As far as I know, the WD8003 Netware drivers simply will not support AppleTalk
in their current implementation. That actually brings up an interesting
question: does anyone have a comprehensive list of boards for which drivers
exist that support MacVAP's?  Here is all that I can think of:

		Ethernet			LocalTalk
		-------------------		------------------
		3C505 (Assy.2012)		NL1000
		3C523 (Drivers perhaps not	DL1000 (DaynaTalk)
			yet available?)
		NE1000
		NE2000

I'm sure there are more...anybody have any others?

Thanks!

Geoffrey W. McKim			Internet: mckimg@ucs.indiana.edu
UCS Networks/LAN Group			BITNET: mckimg@iuamber
Indiana University Bloomington
855-4643				"Not speaking for IU..."

ramo@otax.tky.hut.fi (Pauli R{m|) (09/14/90)

When talking about network adapters that support MacVAP's, let's not forget
NE/2.

	Pauli
--
Garbage collecting...

GOLDSTN@MAINE.BITNET (Michael E. Goldstein) (09/14/90)

I am using the MAC vap with a Cabletron E-2020x network adaptor on
a 2.15c file server

m goldstein

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (09/17/90)

In article <1549.26efb576@waikato.ac.nz> hamish@waikato.ac.nz writes:

>I want to install Netware for Macintosh on my server. However the servers use
>WD8003 network cards and MACSETUP won't let you install on anything that isn't
>on the lan_drv_.180 disk.

Copy the .LAN file from your disk the currently contains the driver .OBJ files
for the WD8003 onto the LAN_DRV_.180 disk.  You should be able to see the
WD3008 come up as an option duting macsetup.  The program should also then
prompt you for the other disk, at the appropriate time.  The other option

Ken
Network Support Services:

UUCP: {nosun, sequent, tessi} kenh@techbook