[comp.dcom.lans] Netware questions

pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (09/20/90)

1) How can I remove Netware from a hard drive so that I can install
   a different operating system?  I have been doing low level formats.

2) How can I change rights to a group of users at once? For example,
   SYS:USER\GROUP1  contains 20 people.  I want to remove parental
   rights.  I am using netware 2.15a.

Thanks,
Peter

pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu

xaandrews@levels.sait.edu.au (09/24/90)

In article <14992@rouge.usl.edu>, pcb@cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
> 1) How can I remove Netware from a hard drive so that I can install
>    a different operating system?  I have been doing low level formats.

The only way is a low level format as Novel uses a proprietry formatting
scheme which is incompatible with other operating systems.

> 2) How can I change rights to a group of users at once? For example,
>    SYS:USER\GROUP1  contains 20 people.  I want to remove parental
>    rights.  I am using netware 2.15a.

It's a while since I've used Novel but as far as I can remember, you edit the
group directory privileges using SYSCON. It is detailed fairly well in the
manuals.