[comp.dcom.lans] Lantastic-Is it any good?

gggould@rodan.acs.syr.edu (10/06/90)

Does anybody know where I can find product reviews for 'Lantastic'. Do
any of you have any personal experience with the software that you
could share?

Thanks

nolan@tssi.UUCP (Michael Nolan) (10/06/90)

In article <1990Oct5.214920.12478@rodan.acs.syr.edu> gggould@rodan.acs.syr.edu writes:
>Does anybody know where I can find product reviews for 'Lantastic'. Do
>any of you have any personal experience with the software that you
>could share?

PC Magazine did a review on low-cost LANs and gave Lantastic fairly good
marks.  I think it was in the June issue, but I'm sure Artisoft will be
happy to send you a reprint of it if you ask.

I've seen it demo'd and have used it on another system enough to be putting
it into our office for a LAN that will have about 8 stations on it.  The
biggest recommendation I can make is to use as fast a PC as you can, and
to try to use 10mb Ethernet, the 2mb version tends to drag.
Mike Nolan                                 "Software means never having
Tailored Software Services, Inc.            to say you're finished."
Lincoln, Nebraska (402) 423-1490            --J. D. Hildebrand in UNIX REVIEW
UUCP: tssi!nolan (uucp links changing upstream, expect problems)
INTERNET:  nolan@pythia.unl.edu (if you can't get the other address to work)