[comp.dcom.lans] NCSA TELNET / BANYAN

german@news.nd.edu (Chad W. German) (10/09/90)

Does anyone have Telnet running concurrently along
with Banyan Vines network.... What set-up are you
using.  With Telnet installed on each workstation
every thing works fine as long as your not logged into
the file server.  Once logged in or having Telnet reside
on a network drive, the PC and network loses communications.
I'm fimiliar with the way Novell can function with Telnet
by the use of packet drivers..... What is the secret for
Vines.....?? Thanks in advance for any info../

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (10/09/90)

In article <478@news.nd.edu> german@news.nd.edu (Chad W. German) writes:
>Does anyone have Telnet running concurrently along
>with Banyan Vines network.... What set-up are you
>using.  With Telnet installed on each workstation
>every thing works fine as long as your not logged into
>the file server.  Once logged in or having Telnet reside
>on a network drive, the PC and network loses communications.
>I'm fimiliar with the way Novell can function with Telnet
>by the use of packet drivers..... What is the secret for
>Vines.....?? Thanks in advance for any info../

Get the NDIS driver patch from Banyan (patch 1W). Then get the packet driver
adapter from ftp (dis_pkt - it's on ftp.vax.com). That combination will allow
Vines and KA9Q or CUTCP to run concurrently on a workstation.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden