[comp.dcom.lans] 2 Node 10Base-T setup

beauchem@terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) (12/04/90)

Hi all,

Do I need a hub to connect 2 computers using 10Base-T cabling together?  Would
a simple cable do?  If I try it out, may I damage equipment?

Thanks!

Please reply by email.  I will summarize.

=== Denis Beauchemin,  === beauchem@DMI.USherb.CA ===
=== Dir. R&D           ==============================
=== Sisca Informatique === I speak for myself...  ===
=== (819) 564-4003.    ==============================

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (12/05/90)

In article <1990Dec3.220638.19006@DMI.USherb.CA> beauchem@terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>Do I need a hub to connect 2 computers using 10Base-T cabling together?  Would
>a simple cable do?  If I try it out, may I damage equipment?

You're cool.

You just need to roll the two pairs of wires. Pins 1&2 (pair 1) goes to
pins 3&6 (pair2) on RJ45's (pins are numbered left to right when looking
at the RJ45 head on with the Little Tabby Thingy down). <- tech term (-:

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden