[comp.dcom.lans] HP 10BaseT hubs

In article <2230130@hprnd.rose.hp.com> alana@hprnd.rose.hp.com (Alan Albrecht) writes:
>  ... The Ethertwist Hub PLUS adds network
>  management over the network and works with HP's PC based Net management
>  software...

Are the network-management features documented so you can make use of them
even if you don't run HP's software?
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

alana@hprnd.rose.hp.com (Alan Albrecht) (12/19/90)

In comp.dcom.lans, henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
    In article <2230130@hprnd.rose.hp.com> alana@hprnd.rose.hp.com (Alan Albrecht) writes:
    >>  ... The Ethertwist Hub PLUS adds network
    >>  management over the network and works with HP's PC based Net management
    >>  software...

    >Are the network-management features documented so you can make use of them
    >even if you don't run HP's software?

    The MIB will be available in 1H91.  I believe you will then be able to use
    another SNMP application to talk to the hub.  Currently Hub Manager is
    SNMP over LLC.  It will be going to SNMP over IP in 2Q91.

    Alan Albrecht