[comp.dcom.lans] Informations on NBP

valderru@irit.irit.fr (Alberto VALDERRUTEN) (12/17/90)

I am working in the domain of LANs and I like to have informations on NBP.
(I don't have interesting documentations concerning this subject).

Thank you.
		ABDUL MALAK Abdo

IRIT-UPS
118, Rte de Narbonne
31062 TOULOUSE Cedex - FRANCE
phone: 61.55.67.68
e-mail: valderru@irit.fr

cja@castle.ed.ac.uk (C Adie) (12/20/90)

In article <1375@irit.irit.fr> valderru@irit.irit.fr (Alberto VALDERRUTEN) writes:
>I am working in the domain of LANs and I like to have informations on NBP.
>(I don't have interesting documentations concerning this subject).

I too am interested in NBP information.  To expand slightly on this,
NBP is a 3Com proprietary protocol included as one of the protocol
options in 3+Open.  It is small (in terms of memory requirements in a
DOS workstation) and fast, and we therefore use it here at Edinburgh.
Unfortunately, it currently has problems running with the Western
Digital Ethernet card, although I think these problems are associated
with the WD NDIS driver rather than the NBP protocol.

I'd be really interested in a specification of the protocol, so we can
understand the packets our analyser sees.

Chris Adie
Edinburgh University Computing Service