[comp.dcom.lans] Need info on small thinwire transceiver

lcz@sat.datapoint.com (Lee Ziegenhals) (12/06/90)

A while back, someone in this group mentioned a thinwire ethernet transceiver
that was quite small -- perhaps built into the connector shell?  I apparently
did not save the article, so if someone could enlighten me as to the existance
of such a critter, I would be deeply appreciative.

Thanks!
Lee Ziegenhals (lcz@sat.datapoint.com, ...!uunet!dptspd!lcz)

stacy@sobeco.com (s.millions) (12/21/90)

lcz@sat.datapoint.com (Lee Ziegenhals) writes:

>A while back, someone in this group mentioned a thinwire ethernet transceiver
>that was quite small -- perhaps built into the connector shell?  I apparently
>did not save the article, so if someone could enlighten me as to the existance
>of such a critter, I would be deeply appreciative.

Well, I have CentreCOM(tm) MX10 made by Allied Telesis pluged into
the back of my X terminal, it is approx. 3" x 1 3/4" x 7/8". It has
given me no trouble, but then I have only be using it for about
4 days :-).

-stacy

--
Brian Mulroney is at 15% in the polls and                 uunet!sobeco!stacy
17% of Canadians believe Elvis is alive                     stacy@sobeco.com