[comp.dcom.lans] bootp in PC/TCP

fks@vaxeline.COM (Frances Selkirk) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan22.103619.12547@cs.eur.nl> evas@cs.eur.nl (Eelco van Asperen) writes:
>Unfortunately, PC/TCP stores configuration-info in device-driver files on
>the PC's. This includes the pc's internet-number. This is just annoying
>for a few pc's but a real disaster for more than just a few pc's (>100).
>Support for NIS (aka YP (tm)) or BOOTP would help a lot.

We added a bootp client to PC/TCP in Version 2.04 (2.05 is current). This
client is for remote configuration only; it does not actually boot the PC.
For the latter purpose, we also have bootproms, currently available to
large sites only.

--

Frances Kirk Selkirk		 info@ftp.com	           (617) 246-0900
FTP Software, Inc.		 26 Princess Street, Wakefield, MA  01880