[comp.dcom.lans] How to ECONFIG for PDs?

carroll@ssc-vax (Jeff Carroll) (02/12/91)

OK, here's my batch script to bring up NetWare and WinQVTNet
together:

wd8003e -w 0x7D 15 0x280 0xC800
pktint
pdipx
net3
netbios

Netware works fine, but WinQVTNet can't see the remote host.

4 questions:

	a) does PDIPX.COM (straight from dcsprod.byu.edu) need to be
	ECONFIGed to use the packet driver?

	b) if so, what is the proper syntax to ECONFIG?

	c) is it possible that I need a newer version of ECONFIG in
	order to do this properly?

	d) should I attribute my problem to gateway braindeadness
	rather than misconfiguration of my PC?

--
Jeff Carroll
carroll@ssc-vax.boeing.com

In article <3617@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> carroll@ssc-vax.UUCP (Jeff Carroll) writes:
>OK, here's my batch script to bring up NetWare and WinQVTNet
>together:

	Never mind. I just figured it out. In case anyone is
	interested, the answer to question (d) is "yes".

--
Jeff Carroll
carroll@ssc-vax.boeing.com