[comp.dcom.lans] 802.2 SAP numbers?

mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels) (02/07/91)

Does anyone have a summary of 802.2 SAP numbers?  I have looked in the RFCs
and they only list a few.  I know from IBM documentation that F0 is used
for Netbios but I would like to see if there are any other documented ones.

Also does anyone know about the multicast address 030000000001?

dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Dirk Husemann) (02/11/91)

mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels) writes:

>Does anyone have a summary of 802.2 SAP numbers?  I have looked in the RFCs
>and they only list a few.  I know from IBM documentation that F0 is used

	0x7E	- ISO-CONS/X.25 over LLC2
	0xFE	- ISO-CLNS over LLC1
	0xAA	- SNAP

	-Dirk

Dirk Husemann						 Tel.: +49 9131 85 7908
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg			 FAX: +49 9131 39388
Department of Computer Science
Martenstrasse 1
D-W 8520 Erlangen, Germany

Dirk.Husemann@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
/C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=husemann/

eckert@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Toerless Eckert) (02/13/91)

From article <1991Feb7.014624.5194@tmsoft.uucp>, by mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels):

> Does anyone have a summary of 802.2 SAP numbers?  I have looked in the RFCs
> and they only list a few.  I know from IBM documentation that F0 is used
> for Netbios but I would like to see if there are any other documented ones.

These numbers are defined in ISO/IEC PDTR 10178.
I've only an old draft of it, and that only contains the smae as in those
RFC's. There are really only few used.

             Toerless.Eckert@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
    /C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=Eckert/G=Toerless
                Cleared by German Telecom Censors