[comp.dcom.lans] packet driver interface

kory@avatar.com (Kory Hamzeh) (01/22/91)

Does anyone to where I can obtain the interface spec for ethernet packet
drivers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--kory

Kory Hamzeh             UUCP: avatar!kory or ..!uunet!avatar!kory
                    INTERNET: kory@avatar.com

palowoda@fiver (Bob Palowoda) (01/24/91)

From article <1991Jan22.034302.392@avatar.com>, by kory@avatar.com (Kory Hamzeh):
> Does anyone to where I can obtain the interface spec for ethernet packet
> drivers?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  For those of you who cannot ftp and don't mind downloading you can obtain
the 109 spec from my bbs. I also include a list of files/programs that
may be usefull with packet drivers.

 Two lines: 415-623-8809  1200/2400bps
            415-623-8806  1200->19200 TB+

File: net_1112.exe
File Statistics: 13 Nov 1991   174294 net_1112.exe
             EXE only, No doc's Includes PPP.

File: src_1112.zip
File Statistics: 13 Nov 1991   527789 src_1112.zip
             (equivalent to nos ver8).
             Make files for the Aztec
             BSD, SYSV (Microport), MSDOS (TurboC) and
             MAC. Include PPP.

File: was1108i.zip
File Statistics: 17 Nov 1991    40019 was1108i.zip
             server to NOS.

File: nospop02.zip
File Statistics: 17 Jun 1990    28527 nospop02.zip

File: nos.man
File Statistics: 16 Jul 1990    94303 nos.man
             is specific to nos setup.

File: xobbs.arc
File Statistics: 04 Jul 1990    51076 xobbs.arc
             Works with nos.

File: netracer.arc
File Statistics: 20 Jun 1990    11745 netracer.arc

File: nos-info
File Statistics: 19 Jun 1990     9912 nos-info

File: notes.nos
File Statistics: 12 Aug 1991     2862 notes.nos

File: net_pc23.txt
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989     2472 net_pc23.txt
File: net_read.me
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989     2443 net_read.me
File: net_pc25.txt
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989      768 net_pc25.txt
File: net_pc22.txt
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989     2868 net_pc22.txt
File: net_pc30.txt
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989     3679 net_pc30.txt

File: sccdoc.arc
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989     8161 sccdoc.arc

File: net_bm.arc
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989    23266 net_bm.arc
             if this will work with the new version.

File: net_des.arc
File Statistics: 04 Nov 1989    26249 net_des.arc

File: tel23bin.zip
File Statistics: 27 Dec 1991   654978 tel23bin.zip
             for dos either nets. VT100 emulator
             works under Windows 3.0. Seem to work
             ok even in a window.

File: packet_d.109
File Statistics: Description: PC/TCP Packet Driver Specification
             Sept. 14 1989. By FTP Software Inc.

File: drivsrc7.zip
File Statistics: 21 Jan 1991   485424 drivsrc7.zip
             drivers. Includes support for IPX and
             localtalk. Many bug fixes. Exe's
             included.

File: drivers6.arc
File Statistics: 13 Apr 1990   209601 drivers6.arc
             Executables only. (Note I'm keep one
             rev down available)

File: drv6src.arc
File Statistics: 21 Jun 1990   475539 drv6src.arc
             of the version 6 packet drivers.

File: sos_pkt.exe
File Statistics: 18 Jun 1990   212524 sos_pkt.exe
             Server that works with DOS and PC-NSF
             with packet drivers.

File: nsystar.Z
File Statistics: 18 Jun 1990    55080 nsystar.Z
             driver for NFS. This is a 16 bit compressed
             tar file. You will need compress for dos and
             a PC version of 'tar' to extract it. It's
             over in the 'msdos_fmaint' area.

File: pktd.new
File Statistics: 03 Jul 1990    12021 pktd.new
             make it run with the 6.xxx packet drivers.

File: pcippkt.arc
File Statistics: 29 Mar 1990   579277 pcippkt.arc

File: pcip_sos.arc
File Statistics: 13 Apr 1990   279402 pcip_sos.arc
             version for PCIP.

File: wnqvtnet.zip
File Statistics: 16 Nov 1991   132662 wnqvtnet.zip
             Windows 3.0. You need to install the latest
             version of packet drivers. I tested this out
             with the WD8003E cards DOS to UNIX and it
             works great.

File: pcnews.zip
File Statistics: 23 Nov 1991    29770 pcnews.zip
             a dos machine. It uses PC-NFS to mount the
             spool directory.

File: pcroute.zoo
File Statistics: 19 Jan 1990    73179 pcroute.zoo
             Design so that you can use a strip down
             version of the xt (No monitor no keyboard)
             to save hardware cost.

--
Bob Palowoda   palowoda@fiver.uucp         |   *Home of Fiver BBS*
Home {sun}!ys2!fiver!palowoda              | 415-623-8809 1200/2400

carroll@ssc-vax (Jeff Carroll) (02/15/91)

	OK, I haven't seen an FAQ posting in this group so here
	goes...

	Is there an FTP site which distributes the packet driver
	interface spec? or does FTP SW INC hold the copyright, and
	have some other distribution policy?

	$flame >/dev/null

--
Jeff Carroll
carroll@ssc-vax.boeing.com

romkey@asylum.SF.CA.US (John Romkey) (02/16/91)

carroll@ssc-vax (Jeff Carroll) writes:
>	Is there an FTP site which distributes the packet driver
>	interface spec? or does FTP SW INC hold the copyright, and
>	have some other distribution policy?

You can get the spec off vax.ftp.com, in /pub/packet_d.{mss, ascii, prn}.
The .mss file is a Scribe/Final Word/Sprint input file; the .ascii file is
plain text; the .prn file is output for an HP Laserjet II.

The copyright is as follows:

Copyright (c) 1986, 1989 by FTP Software Inc.	 Permission  is  granted to
reproduce and distribute this document	without  restriction  or  fee. This
document  may  be   re-formatted   or	translated,   but   the  functional
specification  of the programming interface described  herein  may  not  be
changed  without  FTP  Software's permission.  FTP Software's name and this
notice	 must	appear	 on  any  reproduction	of  this  document.

In other words, you're free to use and redistribute the specification. It
wouldn't do anybody any service to keep it hidden away.
--
		- john romkey			Epilogue Technology
USENET/UUCP/Internet:  romkey@asylum.sf.ca.us	FAX: 415 594-1141

In article <3631@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> carroll@ssc-vax (Jeff Carroll) writes:

   	Is there an FTP site which distributes the packet driver
   	interface spec? or does FTP SW INC hold the copyright, and
   	have some other distribution policy?

Copyright (c) 1986, 1989 by FTP Software Inc.	 Permission  is  granted to
reproduce and distribute this document	without  restriction  or  fee. This
document  may  be   re-formatted   or	translated,   but   the  functional
specification  of the programming interface described  herein  may  not  be
changed  without  FTP  Software's permission.  FTP Software's name and this
notice	 must	appear	 on  any  reproduction	of  this  document.    This
specification was originally developed at FTP Software by John Romkey.

It's vax.ftp.com:pub/packet-d.ascii

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

carroll@ssc-vax (Jeff Carroll) (02/20/91)

In article <41154@bcsaic.UUCP> carroll@bcsaic.UUCP (Jeff Carroll) writes:

>	Our gateway can't see vax.ftp.com. Does anyone else have a
>copy?

	Never mind. The gateway downness seems to have been
	temporary and I have now snarfed a copy from vaxeline.

	Sorry for the wasted octets.

--
Jeff Carroll
carroll@ssc-vax.boeing.com