[comp.dcom.lans] micro transceivers for thin ethernet

culvertl@stat.appstate.edu (03/12/91)

In article <5829@amc-gw.amc.com>, stewartc@amc-gw.amc.com (Stewart Castaldi) writes:
> Does anyone know of a supplier of thin ethernet micro transceivers
> such as the Microbat or CentreCom MX10 that have more than the power
> and SQE leds?  It would be very helpful to have transmit, receive,
> collision, power, and SQE indications as on the larger transceivers.
> --
Cabletron Systems, Inc.
Corporate Office
35 Industrial Way
Rochester, NH 03867-5005
(603)332-9400

ST-500 Transceivers have all the above plus more.

In article <1991Mar11.132310.547@stat.appstate.edu>, culvertl@stat.appstate.edu writes:
> In article <5829@amc-gw.amc.com>, stewartc@amc-gw.amc.com (Stewart Castaldi) writes:
>> Does anyone know of a supplier of thin ethernet micro transceivers
>> such as the Microbat or CentreCom MX10 that have more than the power
>> and SQE leds?  It would be very helpful to have transmit, receive,
>> collision, power, and SQE indications as on the larger transceivers.
>> --
> Cabletron Systems, Inc.
> Corporate Office
> 35 Industrial Way
> Rochester, NH 03867-5005
> (603)332-9400
>
> ST-500 Transceivers have all the above plus more.

In a previous answer I gave "ST-500" as the model number. This is the number
for their regular transceiver. I do not know what they call their "micro"
transceiver. They have just released it I understand.

steph@kona.cs.ucla.edu (Stephen Sakamoto) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.132310.547@stat.appstate.edu> culvertl@stat.appstate.edu writes:
>In article <5829@amc-gw.amc.com>, stewartc@amc-gw.amc.com (Stewart Castaldi) writes:
>> Does anyone know of a supplier of thin ethernet micro transceivers
>> such as the Microbat or CentreCom MX10 that have more than the power
>> and SQE leds?  It would be very helpful to have transmit, receive,
>> collision, power, and SQE indications as on the larger transceivers.
>> --
>Cabletron Systems, Inc.
>Corporate Office
>35 Industrial Way
>Rochester, NH 03867-5005
>(603)332-9400
>
>ST-500 Transceivers have all the above plus more.

The ST-500 is not the same kind of transceiver. It needs a transceiver
cable to connect. The original request was for the small transceivers that
connect directly to the back to equipment.

--
Stephen Sakamoto
UCLA Computer Science Department