[comp.dcom.lans] Specification For NetBIOS Driver

lui@.nsc.com (Michael Lui) (03/15/91)

Does anyone know where can I find the specification of writing a NetBIOS
device driver?

Thanks

Mike

jrd@cc.usu.edu (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar15.015329.10982@berlioz.nsc.com>, lui@.nsc.com (Michael Lui) writes:
> Does anyone know where can I find the specification of writing a NetBIOS
> device driver?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Mike,
	I think you would be well advised to dig into NetBios a little more
deeply before tackling things this way. NetBios is both a specification
(IBM's original PC Net Tech Ref) and implementations, but it isn't a device
driver. The topside of NetBios provides the "spec" facilities to the caller,
and the bottomside expresses those facilities in the form of the chosen
network. That means there are as many NetBios implementations as networks,
plus a few spares. If you already have a network then more than likely a
NetBios program is supplied with it.
	Joe D.