[comp.dcom.lans] MIB for Novell, Banyan, or Lan Manager?

phil@shl.com (Phil Trubey) (03/15/91)

Did Novell create a set of MIB extensions for their recently announced
SNMP agents?  On a related note, does anyone know of MIB extensions for
Banyan or Lan Manager?

Thanks,
--
Phil Trubey                     |  Internet: phil@shl.com
SHL Systemhouse Inc.            |  UUCP:     ...!uunet!shl!phil

krupczak@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bobby Krupczak) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar15.151958.15607@shl.com> phil@shl.com (Phil Trubey) writes:
>Did Novell create a set of MIB extensions for their recently announced
>SNMP agents?

I too wanted to know more info regarding Novell NetWare and SNMP support.

After calling Novell and talking to several people, I found out:

     NetWare 3.11 Servers will support TCP/IP & SNMP
     SNMP support is for MIB-1 and parts of MIB-2

At this point, Novell told me that they did not support any extended MIB.
The gentleman from Novell did say that it was in their long range plans.
He would not give me any dates or details.  The SNMP work is apparently being
done out in California rather than Utah.

If anyone wants the name/phone# of the people I spoke to, write me.

Bobby