[comp.dcom.lans] PC/TCP pctcp idrive

mal@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Mark Law) (03/26/91)

When looking through the config.txt file that came with FTP's PC/TCP 2.05 re-
lease, which we are using on our Banyan LAN, I found a few lines with the
following:

[pctcp idrive]
vax = vax.foo.com  /users/guest/foo I: user foo

It appears that this will remotely mount a file structure which I can then
access as a local I: drive on my PC.  I've been unable at this point to
find any mention of this feature in the documentation.  Has anyone implemented
this feature?

--
Mark A. Law   mal@terminator.cc.umich.edu    (313) 936-4910
Information & Networking Services            University of Michigan Hospitals

romkey@asylum.SF.CA.US (John Romkey) (03/27/91)

mal@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Mark Law) writes:

>[pctcp idrive]
>vax = vax.foo.com  /users/guest/foo I: user foo

This is used with PC/TCP's Interdrive (idrive) add-on software. If you don't
have Interdrive, this section of the config file is just ignored. Interdrive
is an implementation of NFS, which is a trademark of Sun Microsystems.
--
		- john romkey			Epilogue Technology
USENET/UUCP/Internet:  romkey@asylum.sf.ca.us	voice/fax: 415 594-1141

markr@seqp4.ORG (Mark Roddy) (03/28/91)

The current release of PCTCP can optionally support an NFS client.
Your config file excerpt is part of the NFS configuration.

--
-Mark Roddy
Sequoia Systems, Inc.          (508) 480-0800 x1284