[comp.dcom.lans] Lantastic and Arcnet

sichermn@beach.csulb.edu (Jeff Sicherman) (04/02/91)

  Does Lantastic support Arcnet ? Their promotional material only
mentions proprietary cards and third party Ethernet support.

  Are their cards standard enough to use for other lans at some future
time (I assume that would only be for the ethernet cards with the 2MHz
ones being non-standard).

Jeff Sicherman

skl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Apr1.184814.12476@beach.csulb.edu>, sichermn@beach.csulb.edu
 (Jeff Sicherman) wrote:
>Does Lantastic support Arcnet ? Their promotional material only
>mentions proprietary cards and third party Ethernet support.

The AI (Adapter-Independent) version of Lantastic runs on top of
NETBIOS.  So if you could find a NETBIOS that runs on top of Arcnet,
you should be able to run Lantastic on top of Arcnet.

>Are their cards standard enough to use for other lans at some future
>time (I assume that would only be for the ethernet cards with the 2MHz
>ones being non-standard).

Their Ethernet card can be jumpered to behave like a Novell NE1000.

...Sam
--
<skl@wimsey.bc.ca>