[comp.dcom.lans] Information about FDDI.

jessea@homecare.uucp (Jesse W. Asher) (04/06/91)

Can anyone give me any pointers for reading material about FDDI?  Thanx
for the advice.

--
      Jesse W. Asher        NIC Handle:  JA268         Phone: (901)386-5061
                       Health Sphere of America Inc.

macklin@garnet.berkeley.edu (Macklin Burnham) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr5.195019.4181@homecare.uucp> jessea@homecare.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) writes:
>Can anyone give me any pointers for reading material about FDDI?  Thanx
>for the advice.

I just got my hands on a new publication from Siecor titled
"Siecor FDDI Network Cabling Design Guide". It is outstanding.Tells you
all you need to know to design, specify and install a FDDI system from
scratch. You should be able to beat a copy out of your Anixter rep. It
also contains a bibliography of all relevant ANSI and ISO documents and
tells where to get them (!) , if you want to become a complete guru.
Mack Burnham

callahan@extlan.enet.dec.com (04/20/91)

Digital  provides two publications that are useful,
both of which are available/orderable (no cost) through DEC Sales Offices:

A Primer to FDDI: Fiber Distributed Data Interface
-190 Pages,  "..describes the features, topologies, and components
of the FDDI local area network (LAN) standard."
Part # EC-HC07050-42

FDDI System Level Description
- 200 Pages,  ...generally more technical and meaty description
of components and implementations.
Part # EK-DFSLD-SD

Paul Callahan
Digital Equipment Corp.