[comp.dcom.lans] Broadband info requested

gardner1@husc8.harvard.edu (Janet Gardner) (04/18/91)

I am looking for information on Broadband networks.
A bibliography (or pointers to one,) general info
and information on companies providing equipment
to build one would all be of interest.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Rugg	krugg@odb.com

jwb@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Jim Breen) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr17.133537.575@husc3.harvard.edu>, gardner1@husc8.harvard.edu (Janet Gardner) writes:
> I am looking for information on Broadband networks.
> A bibliography (or pointers to one,) general info
> and information on companies providing equipment
> to build one would all be of interest.

A good intro is:

"Broadband LAN Technology" by Gary Y Kim. (1988 ARTECH House)
ISBN 0-89006-291-9

--
Jim Breen                                   AARNet:jwb@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au
Department of Robotics & Digital Technology.

lanmaint@nssdcb.gsfc.nasa.gov (Dave Yoest) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr17.133537.575@husc3.harvard.edu>, gardner1@husc8.harvard.edu (Janet Gardner) writes:

> I am looking for information on Broadband networks.
> A bibliography (or pointers to one,) general info
> and information on companies providing equipment
> to build one would all be of interest.

You might look into the book:

    Broadband Network Technology
    an Overview forthe Data and Telecommunications Industries

    by Edward Cooper
    Published by Sytek, Inc.
    Mountain View, Ca.

    ISBN 0-9613248-0-5

Some Suppliers are:

 CCOR Electronics, Inc
 60 Decibel Rd.
 State College, Pa. 16801

 1-800-233-2267
 1-814-238-2461

 Scientific Atlanta
 4311 Communications Dr
 Box 105027
 Atlanta, Ga. 30093

 1-404-441-4100

 General Instrument/Jerrold
 Sorry, I can't find the addr.

I designed,installed and supervise the M&O of a campuswide broadband
LAN here at NASA/Goddard using CCOR equipment and have been quite
pleased with the performance/reliability of their equipment.

Dave Yoest
LAN M&O Section Supervisor
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Md 20771

DYOEST@zaphod.gsfc.nasa.gov
DYOEST@128.183.43.16

djdove@hprnd.rose.hp.com (Dan Dove) (04/25/91)

I can suggest a book entitled "Broadband Network Technology"
written by Edward Cooper of Sytek, Inc. Published by
Prentice-Hall, Inc 1986.

Good Luck,

Dan Dove
Roseville Networks Division, HP