[comp.dcom.lans] ProLINC anyone?

changmk@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Mun Kein Chang) (04/23/91)

I've just received some info about ProLINC from Hughes Lan Systems.
This is a multi-protocol manager able to sit top of many ethernet
lan interfaces with an NDIS spec, supports DPA, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP,
Lan Manager, Banyan Vines. I would like to use this to run both
Netware IPX, and Pathworks 4.0 from DEC. Wonder if it'll work.

Any thoughts?

-- Mun-Kein.

haas%basset.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Walt Haas) (04/27/91)

In article <20400001@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com> changmk@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Mun Kein Chang) writes:
>I've just received some info about ProLINC from Hughes Lan Systems.
>This is a multi-protocol manager able to sit top of many ethernet
>lan interfaces with an NDIS spec, supports DPA, IPX/SPX, TCP/IP,
>Lan Manager, Banyan Vines. I would like to use this to run both
>Netware IPX, and Pathworks 4.0 from DEC. Wonder if it'll work.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>-- Mun-Kein.

The earlier (pre-NDIS) version works fine for us.  We use the TCP/IP,
Novell and LAT stacks.

-- Walt