[comp.dcom.lans] 10Base-T hubs collection

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (05/03/91)

Wow! the response was (to say the least) overwhelming. I set up a little
script to handle the mailing, but it breaks often, and my carpal tunnel
syndrome has been accelerated by at least a month. Over the past week I've
had about 120 requests for copies!

Two comments:

i) since it does look hot, how about a volunteer who could provide some
disk space for ftp access? I would, but the only Unix box within 10 miles
is not - alas - under my command... A lot of people are interested in
opinions and experiences. If you have something to add in this area
(10Base-T in general, I guess, vendor recommendations, management software,
etc.), please mail it to me, and I'll keep it (and e-mail it on request)
until a suitable ftp site is found.

ii) Mike Tarrani - please phone home! Mail bounced, and I deleted your
request - so I can't play with the address to see what works...

--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu

overby@plains.NoDak.edu (Glen Overby) (05/05/91)

In article <1991May03.044620.12865@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) writes:
>i) since it does look hot, how about a volunteer who could provide some
>disk space for ftp access? I would, but the only Unix box within 10 miles

Ok, time for me to contribute a little bit back to the net.  You can find
this on plains.nodak.edu [134.129.111.64] in

	pub/gpo/10Base-T-hubs

if you don't have ftp access, ask archive-server@plains.nodak.edu.
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>