[comp.dcom.lans] TP4 document soft copy needed

cattanac@cs.uiuc.edu (Scott Cattanach) (05/03/91)

Anyone have or know of an anon FTP site for the ISO document laying
out TP4?

Thanks.

--
 -catt (Scott Cattanach - catt@uiuc.edu)

"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis"
	- Ralph Waldo Emerson

cmilono@netcom.COM (Carlo Milono) (05/05/91)

In article <1991May2.192600.3894@m.cs.uiuc.edu> catt@uiuc.edu writes:

>Anyone have or know of an anon FTP site for the ISO document laying
>out TP4?

Dear Scott,

   I recently posted on a variety of groups to find literature, both practical
and theroetical on OSI.  My recent trip to the library was uneventful, and the
state of affairs with the University community is such that libraries are being
closed to all except students and faculty.

   I got nary a reply!  However, the muses were looking out for me and I
found some one (on a plane trip, no less...sitting next to me!) who writes
OSI applications (seven layer using the ISODE).  He recommended the following
books in light of my plight:

	The Open Book: A Practical perspective on OSI
	Marshall T. Rose
	Prentice-Hall, 1990  ISBN 0-13-643016-3  (about $50...)

	OSI Explained
	John Henshall
	some book company....

Well, I bought the Marshall Rose book, and in the back are FTP sites for
grabbing source for ISO Development Environment.  Included were the
following sites:
	nisc.nyser.net  (aka 192.33.4.10)
	/pub/isode/isode-6.tar.Z   (BINARY MODE...4.5MB in size!)
(BTW, all other sites use FTAM!!!!!)

Documentation:
	the above site - isode-ps.tar.Z
	7MB of documentation, compressed and in PostScript format.

I have information on NSAP/NET, and a variety of other interesting bits
on TP4, but not the whole picture.

	Best Wishes!

|  Carlo Milono:  cmilono@netcom.apple.com   or   apple!netcom!cmilono     |
|"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,  |
|that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."   - Jonathan Swift   |