[comp.dcom.lans] Experience with FTP's LANWatch?

pliuskon@intellistor.com (Saul Pliuskonis) (05/14/91)

I am considering purchasing LANWatch, from FTP Software, but
I would like to get some feedback from the NET first.  Is it
a useful product? Is it worth the money? Is there something
in the $0.00 to $3000.00 range that does a better job of
network trouble shooting ( on an Ethernet running TCP/IP ).

Please respond if have answers to any of the above questions.

Thanks.

Saul

 | Saul Pliuskonis         | e-mail address: pliuskon@intellistor.com  |
 | Intellistor, Inc.       | USmail address: 2402 Clover Basin Dr.     |
 | (303)682-6515           |                 Longmont, CO 80503        |

phil@shl.com (Phil Trubey) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May13.230530.29868@intellistor.com> pliuskon@intellistor.com (Saul Pliuskonis) writes:
>I am considering purchasing LANWatch, from FTP Software, but
>I would like to get some feedback from the NET first.  Is it
>a useful product? Is it worth the money?

We use it.  It works.  I'd consider it worth the money.  A nice feature
that one might occationally use is their post processors that allow you
to store in a file all the activity during a time period and then
later generate reports with filtering, etc. from that file.

--
Phil Trubey                     |  Internet: phil@shl.com
SHL Systemhouse Inc.            |  UUCP:     ...!uunet!shl!phil