[comp.dcom.lans] netblazer price?

jcrowder@groupw.cns.vt.edu (Jeff Crowder) (06/03/91)

I've seen a couple of recommendations for Netblazers for remote,
switched, ethernet access.  Anybody gone out to bid for these things and
gotten a good price?  I'd need maybe 50 of them for the application I
have in mind and I'm looking for a ballpark cost figure to see if its
worth looking into.

Can one unit serve as a "hub" and feed 2 or more remote sites?  How many
interfaces are possible (advisable) on one "hub" unit?

Thanks,

Jeff Crowder
jcrowder@groupw.cns.vt.edu

sob@tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (06/04/91)

In article <1818@vtserf.cc.vt.edu> jcrowder@groupw.cns.vt.edu (Jeff Crowder) writes:
>Can one unit serve as a "hub" and feed 2 or more remote sites?  How many
>interfaces are possible (advisable) on one "hub" unit?

Yes, one hub can handle a large number of devices. The manual I have says it
can handle (with the appropriate serial interface cards) 26 modems on one
box.

--
Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Director, Networking
Olan           uucp: rutgers!bcm!sob             and Systems Support