[comp.dcom.lans] Lantastic Problems - Update

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/07/91)

I just wanted to report that Artisoft saw my posting, got in touch
with me and is helping me resolve my lan problem. The machine on which
I had been having my problems died yesterday with a failled master
interrupt controller, so my problem may have been intermttantly flakey cpu
hardware rather than flakey lan hardware.  Lantastic is working ok so
far (2 hours) on my replacement motherboard. More later.
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631
EMAIL: feustel@netcom.com  or feustel@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu

alex@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle) (06/07/91)

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) writes:

>I just wanted to report that Artisoft saw my posting, got in touch
>with me and is helping me resolve my lan problem.

Not to crow, but this has been my experience with LANTastic--they will
help you fix problems, not just walk around them.  I am glad that Novell
is finally learning something about tech. support from Artisoft (we're a
Certified Gold NetWare Reseller); there's ever been a problem getting
any level of help out of them in the past.

	Alex
--
		Alex Pournelle, freelance thinker
		Also: Workman & Associates, Data recovery for PCs, Macs, others

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/08/91)

Now, if I could just get them to write Lantastic interfaces for OS/2 v
1.3 and 2.0!