[comp.dcom.lans] looking for SysV LPD

rafferty@dish.jpl.nasa.gov (mike rafferty) (06/20/91)

We have several AEG Modular Computer Systems (Modcomp) 9735 machines
running a modified AT&T SysV UNIX called REAL/IX. Does anyone know of
a ftp site for SysV LPD.

   Thanks in advance.

Mike Rafferty   Jet Propulsion Lab

email rafferty@dish.jpl.nasa.gov
phone (818) 354-8604

rvdp@cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol) (06/24/91)

rafferty@dish.jpl.nasa.gov (mike rafferty) writes:

>We have several AEG Modular Computer Systems (Modcomp) 9735 machines
>running a modified AT&T SysV UNIX called REAL/IX. Does anyone know of
>a ftp site for SysV LPD.

Do you mean a Berkeley compatible printer daemon? If so, have a look
at PLP:
		 PLP - The Public Line Printer Spooler
               A Portable UNIX Line Printer Spooler
                     Release 3.0, 7 Nov. 1988
                       Prof. Patrick Powell
                    Dept. of Computer Science
         University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota

You can find it on uunet.uu.net in /pub/PLP.tar.

It is written in Berkeley Unix. I have made some changes for SysV.
If you are interested, please let me know.

--
	Ronald van der Pol    <rvdp@cs.vu.nl>