[comp.dcom.lans] Bridge/Router Beta Sites

holley@eng.microcom.com (Bryan Holley) (06/28/91)

We are in the process of looking for qualified beta sites for our Bridge/Router
products.  Particularly, I need to test in the following environments:

	* Novell Netware IPX (routing)
	* SNMP-based Network Management (HP Openview/SunNet Manager, etc.)
	* Combination Ethernet /Token Ring IPX & Source Routed networks

All nodes are to be tested in remote environments from 56K to T1/E1.
Interested parties should respond via email.

Bryan Holley
Director, Product Marketing

gdrao@enuxha.eas.asu.edu ("GIRI"dhar RAO) (07/01/91)

In article <1991Jun27.220056.25934@python.eng.microcom.com> holley@eng.microcom.com (Bryan Holley) writes:
>We are in the process of looking for qualified beta sites for our Bridge/Router
>products.  Particularly, I need to test in the following environments:
>
>	* Novell Netware IPX (routing)
			^^^^^^

	   Can someone tell me what does "IPX" stand for ?

>	* SNMP-based Network Management (HP Openview/SunNet Manager, etc.)
>	* Combination Ethernet /Token Ring IPX & Source Routed networks
>
>All nodes are to be tested in remote environments from 56K to T1/E1.
							^^^^^^^^^^^^^
			What does this mean ? I have heard of T1, but what
is E1 ?

I am an amateur in this area and am interested to know about the various
terms used in the network world. On what systems do the above environments
run ? Where can I get to know about manufacturers of Bridge/Router products
and their specifications ?

Could some knowledgeble netter throw more light on this ?

>Interested parties should respond via email.
>

>Bryan Holley
>Director, Product Marketing

Thanks very much,

--Giri