[comp.periphs] glare problems

wilmott@topaz.UUCP (11/24/86)

The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
solve this problem, but the largest I've been able to find is
for 15" monitors. Does anybody out there know of a place I can get
one big enough for a 20" screen from? Or does anyone have any other
suggestions (ie - some sort of "home-made" anti-glare screen?).
ANY help/suggestions at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ray Wilmott
wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu
-------------------------

magik@chinet.UUCP (Ben Liberman) (11/25/86)

In article <7267@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> wilmott@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Ray Wilmott) writes:

>The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
>annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
>solve this problem, but the largest I've been able to find is
>for 15" monitors.

A quick solution is to build a frame to go around the face of your monitor.
Buy a pair of black panty hose.  Cut out a piece large enough to cover the
frame and voila, you have an excellent anti glare screen for under $5.00
(how much do panty hose cost, anyway ?)
Ben Liberman

ihnp4!chinet!magik   or   ihnp4!homebru!magik
--