[comp.periphs] PC mouse vs. other mice phylum

chemlab@nonvon.UUCP (chemlab) (01/15/87)

	I recently started using a new piece of software for
CAD/PC routing on an IBM/PC-clone. One of the positioning devices
supported was a PC mouse. I know what a Microsoft Mouse, a Logi-tech
mouse, a Mouse Systems Mouse, and Lynx Trackball, and Fulcrum
Trackball Plus are. Has anyone heard of a >>>>PC mouse <<<<?

	-Alex

	UUCP:   {sun,ihnp4,seismo, etc}!ptsfa!nonvon!chemlab

{* Only those who attempt the absurd   ...   will achieve the impossible   *}
{* I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. *}
{*                                                      -escher            *}

dpz@klinzhai.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (01/16/87)

/* hey lineeater, eat this! */

> 	I recently started using a new piece of software for
> CAD/PC routing on an IBM/PC-clone. One of the positioning devices
> supported was a PC mouse. I know what a Microsoft Mouse, a Logi-tech
> mouse, a Mouse Systems Mouse, and Lynx Trackball, and Fulcrum
> Trackball Plus are. Has anyone heard of a >>>>PC mouse <<<<?
>
> 	-Alex

The "PC mouse" you refer to is the name of the Mouse Systems mouse
that you already know of.  Optical, serial or BusPlus, with PC Paint
Plus and Designer Pop-up Menus (reading straight out of the 1/27/87 PC
Magazine, page 82).

					dpz
--
David P. Zimmerman	"When I'm having fun, the world doesn't exist."

Arpa: dpz@rutgers.rutgers.edu
Uucp: ...{harvard | seismo | pyramid}!rutgers!dpz

alang@masscomp.UUCP (01/16/87)

In article <1418@nonvon.UUCP> chemlab@nonvon.UUCP (chemlab) writes:

>Has anyone heard of a >>>>PC mouse <<<<?

The Mouse Systems mouse is a generic optical mouse integrated into a number
of workstations.  We use them in our systems, for example.

When packaged for the IBM PC, I believe that Mouse Systems Corp. (the
manufacturer) marketed it as the Mouse System's PC Mouse.

		Alan