[comp.periphs] Oki 84

rnewman@dasys1.UUCP (Richard S. Newman) (05/09/87)

Here is an easy one:

	I just received, as a free gift, an Oki 84. I hear it has
both a serial and parallel interface. There is one strange plug,
other than a very standard and usable Centronics parallel. Is that
it? Does anyone have a pin-out of the rumored serial port? How do
you configure the baud rate? What switches should be thrown? Where
can I get a manual? Boy, am I inquisitive!

Thanks in advance....

-RICH

--
Richard Newman                   {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Datamerica System                {bellcore,harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!rnewman

carl@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Carl Lowenstein) (05/13/87)

In article <372@dasys1.UUCP> rnewman@dasys1.UUCP (Richard S. Newman) writes:

>Here is an easy one:
>
>	I just received, as a free gift, an Oki 84. I hear it has
>both a serial and parallel interface. There is one strange plug,
>other than a very standard and usable Centronics parallel.
The Oki 84 can take an add-in board that plugs into the parallel
interface and accepts serial RS232.  I have the same boards on my
Oki 82's.

--

	carl lowenstein		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|akgua|dcdwest|ucbvax}	!sdcsvax!mplvax!cdl

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (05/15/87)

I think you had to sacrifice the parallel port on our Oki 82's to use
the serial port, which was an option, not included as standard.

			Mike Berger
			Center for Advanced Study
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger