[comp.periphs] system console printing terminals

craig@sequent.UUCP (09/01/87)

I am looking for a low-cost, compact printing terminal to be used as
a system console.  Thermal printers seem undesirable.  Something like
the DEC Correspondent would be good, but I understand they are no longer
produced.  Needs all the safety agency approvals and I prefer FCC class B
for emissions.  By the way, I would be buying many of these, not just one.
Any suggestions out there?

haynes@ucscc.UCSC.EDU.UUCP (09/02/87)

In article <2867@sequent.UUCP> craig@sequent.UUCP (Craig Walker) writes:
>I am looking for a low-cost, compact printing terminal to be used as
>a system console.  ...
> Needs all the safety agency approvals and I prefer FCC class B
>for emissions.  By the way, I would be buying many of these, not just one.

Well, whatever happened to Teletype (now AT&T I guess) Model 43 that was
a nice lil 300 baud dot matrix machine a few years ago?  I've heard the
Skokie factory is about to be bulldozed to become a shopping mall,
but perhaps they are still in business elsewhere, perhaps with some
newer products.  You probably won't find out at your local AT&T
Telephone Store, but maybe someone on the net...

haynes@ucscc.ucsc.edu
haynes@ucscc.bitnet
..ucbvax!ucscc!haynes