[comp.periphs] Cost of Compugraphics printer

kmcmilla@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Ken McMillan) (09/17/87)

I forgot to include the price with my first posting about this
printer. It is rather expensive, like around $29,000.

For those of you who missed the first posting, the printer in question
is the Compugraphics CG 400-PS. 18ppm, 400dpi, 2000 sheet tray, the new
Adobe "Atlas" controller, 20MB hard disk, 6MB internal memory, full
Postscript compatibility, 73 standard fonts, user-selectable software
interfaces, and 100,000 page per month rating. It has no moving parts
in the writing element, so it supposedly requires very limited maint.
It prints with a solid state LED array.

I was inquiring into what the "Net" thought of the stats on this
I was inquiring as to what the "Net" thought of this printer. Does
anyone know of a comparable printer, in price and features, that
we should also consider. We don't want to put in Decnet so the LPS 40
from Digital is out of the picture.

kmcmilla@ub.d.umn.edu

ba@pbhya.UUCP (Behzad Alavi) (09/18/87)

In article <32@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> kmcmilla@ub.d.umn.edu (Ken McMillan) writes:

>I forgot to include the price with my first posting about this
>printer. It is rather expensive, like around $29,000.
>
>For those of you who missed the first posting, the printer in question
>is the Compugraphics CG 400-PS. 18ppm, 400dpi, 2000 sheet tray, the new
>Adobe "Atlas" controller, 20MB hard disk, 6MB internal memory, full
>Postscript compatibility, 73 standard fonts, user-selectable software
>interfaces, and 100,000 page per month rating. It has no moving parts

      I was (and still am) asking around about laser-printers.
      From what I remember, a Dataproducts Laser-printer which
      a rating of about 75K pages/mo, about 25 pages per minute,
      a few fonts (15-20; I don't remember which!), no hard disk,
      and I don't remember too much more details!  The price though
      was under $20K, about $18K.  This price made it out of range
      for me, but I liked the features anyway.

      DISCALAIMER:  All info is from my MEMORY.  The contents could
                    be warped, damaged, or inaccurate.  Follow your
                    own lead in verifying and/or finding more info.