any leads?
thks
tj@utgpu.uucp
tj at utoronto.bitnet

tim@j.cc.purdue.edu (Timothy Lange) (01/05/88)

Telephonic's Zoom XL modems could do this for you.  They have a
touch tone decoder onboard and a jack for external audio, like a
tape player.  Plus an 8-32K buffer for incoming messages.

Another well known product is called Watson which has more
features.
--
Timothy Lange / PC Learning Resource Center / Mathmatical Sciences Bldg.
Purdue University Computing Center / West Lafayette, IN  47907

eli@lf-server-2.BBN.COM (Steve Elias) (01/06/88)

In article <6093@j.cc.purdue.edu> tim@j.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Timothy Lange) writes:
>Telephonic's Zoom XL modems could do this for you.  They have a
>touch tone decoder onboard and a jack for external audio, like a
>tape player.  Plus an 8-32K buffer for incoming messages.
>
>Another well known product is called Watson which has more
>features.

	yet another product (less well known), is Brooktrout Technology's
	TR100 voice digitization/playback card, with yet more features
	than the Watson board, at a higher cost...  the big advantage is
	that you can run up to 6 TR100 cards simultaneously in a PC-AT.

jpd@usl-pc.UUCP (DugalJP) (01/16/88)

In article <1988Jan4.194857.9717@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> tj@gpu.utcs.UUCP (Terry Jones) writes:
>I want to set up a pc to monitor a phone line, answer on ring, respond in
>voice, and recognize callers input from touchtone tones.

Chech out "the Complete Answering Machine" from The Complete PC, Inc.
521 Cottonwood Drive, Milpitas, CA  95035.  It is marketed by R&R Direct
(Phone 1-800-654-7587) for about $350.  A programming package is available
for doing your own thing with this board.

-- James Dugal,	N5KNX		USENET: ...!{ut-sally,killer}!usl!jpd
Associate Director		Internet: jpd@usl.edu
Computing Center		US Mail: PO Box 42770  Lafayette, LA  70504
University of Southwestern LA.	Tel. 318-231-6417	U.S.A.

ttang@puff.cs.wisc.edu (Theodore Tang @ Univ of Wisconsin-Madison) (01/26/88)

In article <594@usl-pc.UUCP>, jpd@usl-pc.UUCP (DugalJP) writes:
> In article <1988Jan4.194857.9717@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> tj@gpu.utcs.UUCP (Terry Jones) writes:
> >I want to set up a pc to monitor a phone line, answer on ring, respond in
> >voice, and recognize callers input from touchtone tones.
> Chech out "the Complete Answering Machine" from The Complete PC, Inc.

Or check out Watson for only $200.  An online (voice) demo is available at
1-800-6-WATSON.

Ted Tang
ttang@puff.wisc.edu.UUCP