[comp.periphs] Looking for a Light Pen

cms@yendor.UUCP (Chris Sunderland) (02/27/88)

  I am looking for someone that makes or sells lightpens for IBM-PC/AT
machines.  It seems that most of the video cards on the market now have a
lightpen interface on the card, but I can't find anyone that sells the beasts.

  Is there a reason that they are not available?
---
Chris @ Applied Computing Technology - Reston, Virginia
	cms%yendor%hqda-ai@mimsy.umd.edu   ..!sundc!hqda-ai!yendor!cms

Standard company disclaimer.."wish we could help you, he was fired this morning"

cs161aan@sdcc18.ucsd.EDU ({Darkavich}) (02/28/88)

In article <88@yendor.UUCP> cms@yendor.UUCP (Chris Sunderland) writes:

>  I am looking for someone that makes or sells lightpens for IBM-PC/AT
>machines.  It seems that most of the video cards on the market now have a
>lightpen interface on the card, but I can't find anyone that sells the beasts.

If anyone has or knows of a light-pen for the commodore 64 for
sale please let me know.

Steve Misrack
cs161aan@sdcc18.ucsd.EDU

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (03/01/88)

Light pens are rare because you have to have special software support
for them, which can really make the screen look odd.  Mice require
a driver too, but seem to be the preferred pointing device these days.

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger