[comp.periphs] Wanted: TermiNet 1200 command list

kibo@brazil.UUCP (Jim Parry) (03/13/88)

 I have here a nice old General Electric Termi-Net 1200 printer that works
 like a charm.  Catch is, I don't know what the control and escpae commands
 are to make it do things... (especially form feeding! ack!)
 Anyone who has a list of commands that the Termi-Net 1200 will take, please
 let me know... I'd greatly appreciate it.

--
 Kibo (with a long "i")            kibo%mts.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu
 Jim Parry                         userfe0n@rpitsmts.bitnet

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (03/17/88)

The Terminet 1200 wasn't a very flexible printer.  Have you tried
CTRL-l for form feed?

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

thad@cup.portal.com (03/17/88)

send
me E-Mail re: a SASE address, and I'll photocopy the pages from the
service manual and/or user's manual of the Terminet 1200

In fact, I also have a Terminet 1200 and the full manual set and even
some extra hardware for it ... might be interested in selling them AS
A SET if the price is right.  Need real mail address(es) since these
cannot be converted to bits and transported over USENET!  :-)

Thad    ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad

davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (03/23/88)

In article <110@brazil.UUCP> kibo@brazil.UUCP (Jim Parry) writes:

|  I have here a nice old General Electric Termi-Net 1200 printer that works
|  like a charm.  Catch is, I don't know what the control and escpae commands
|  are to make it do things... (especially form feeding! ack!)

I hate to ask a dumb question, but do you have the formfeed hardware,
including the forms loop (punched mylar tape)? It sounds as if you have
the loop out, resulting in a single line advance matching newline, vtab,
and formfeed.

The formfeed character works on my printers, for what it's worth.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

kibo@brazil.UUCP (Jim Parry) (03/23/88)

In article <17700013@clio>, berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:

> The Terminet 1200 wasn't a very flexible printer.  Have you tried
> CTRL-l for form feed?
>
> 			Mike Berger
 Yes.  That seems to do something else, which looks much like a carriage
 return...

 If I had the time or the patience, I'd try all the two-character combinations
 (ones starting with ESC look promising) but I don't have the patience...

 Kibo (Jim Parry)
 userfe0n%mts.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu
 userfe0n@rpitsmts.bitnet
 or wox me on AmonNet!