[comp.periphs] Geometries of Vertex & Micropolis Disks

wjc@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (William J. Chiarchiaro) (04/27/88)

Could someone post the geometries (i.e. # of cylinders, # of heads, etc.) of
the Vertex V130 and the Micropolis 1304 disk drives?  Also, information about
their seek times would be useful.

Thanks,
Bill

wjc@xn.ll.mit.edu

trevor@mips.COM (Trevor Fagerskog) (04/27/88)

In article <973@xn.LL.MIT.EDU>, wjc@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (William J. Chiarchiaro) writes:
> Could someone post the geometries (i.e. # of cylinders, # of heads, etc.) of
> the Vertex V130 and the Micropolis 1304 disk drives?  Also, information about
> their seek times would be useful.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>
> wjc@xn.ll.mit.edu

The Micropolis 1304 has 830 cylinders and 6 heads. Older versions of the drive
required write precompensation starting at cyl 400. Call Micropolis tech support
for details.

Vertex was purchased some time ago by Priam. If you contact Priam tech support
I'm sure they can help you.

Micropolis 818-709-3300

Priam      408-434-9300

Trev
--
Trevor Fagerskog, MIPS Computer Systems, DISCLAIMER:(I speak for only me, etc.)
UUCP: {ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid} decwrl!mips!trevor trevor@mips.com