[comp.periphs] Exotic Peripherals on Sun3|Sun4

ssh@esl.UUCP (Sam) (05/26/88)

I would like to hear from those of you who have had experience or
investigated CDROM, videodisc, or optical disk usage on Sun3 or Sun4
workstations.  I'm about to take on such integration, and would like
to learn from those of you who have such knowledge.  Thank you.  --
Sam Hahn (408)743-6454

harry@rainy.atmos.washington.edu (Harry Edmon) (05/28/88)

In article <691@esl.UUCP>, ssh@esl.UUCP (Sam) writes:
> I would like to hear from those of you who have had experience or
> investigated CDROM, videodisc, or optical disk usage on Sun3 or Sun4
> workstations.  I'm about to take on such integration, and would like
> to learn from those of you who have such knowledge.  Thank you.  --
> Sam Hahn (408)743-6454

Please let me know if you come up with anything.   All I have is the following
from Sun's Consulting Group.

Harry Edmon                   UUCP:   harry@rainy.atmos.washington.edu or
(206) 543-0547                        uw-beaver!geops!rainy!harry
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
University of Washington        BITNET: HARRY@UWARITA

	Consulting Specials Summary
		   May 15, 1988

==============
= Price List =
==============
(Note:  Prices are not discountable.  This includes OEM, VAR, University,
    and Catalyst discounts.)

			Single        Quantity 10   Unlimited     Upgrade
			-----------   -----------   -----------   -----------

SCSI interfaces / SCSI peripherals
----------------------------------
CONSULT-CDROM		    2,600         7,800        18,000         1,300

=========================
= Availability Schedule =
=========================
The first two columns refer to Sun-3 100's and 200's and to Sun-2's.

None of the specials have been tested on 3/E's yet.  We know that the
SCSI specials will require additional work.  The rest of the specials
should be OK.

An asterisk indicates the special is available today.

			3.0, 3.2	3.3, 3.4, 3.5	Sys-4 3.2 (Sun-4)
			-----------	-------------	-----------------

SCSI interfaces / SCSI peripherals

CONSULT-CDROM		    * 		    * 		next month

= Consulting Specials Summary =

CD ROM driver			SCSI driver for the Philips CM-110 or the
CONSULT-CDROM			Toshiba  XM-2000A.  No file system support;
				no High Sierra support.  Read-only access;
				no "mastering" capability.