[comp.periphs] Input Device Query

rm@edison.GE.COM (Bob Mosolgo) (11/04/88)

I am looking for an alternate input device(mouse, joystick, trackball, etc)
to use in place of the cursor control keys. Simple so far, but the trick is
that I am looking for something that would operate in line with an AT keyboard,
communicating through the keyboard input port.

Does anyone out there no of such a beast? Is it even possible?

All responses appreciated.

Regards,

--

Bob Mosolgo	rm@edison.GE.COM
GE Fanuc Automation

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (11/07/88)

In article <1707@edison.GE.COM> rm@edison.GE.COM (Bob Mosolgo) writes:
>I am looking for an alternate input device(mouse, joystick, trackball, etc)
>to use in place of the cursor control keys. Simple so far, but the trick is
I've heard that Prof. Sam Drake, at Univ of Utah has a mouse-keyboard combo
that plugs into the PC keyboard port)  I don't know if it can be configured
to sends keycodes for mouse movement, since the information I requested on
it never arrived.
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@ius3.cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS