[comp.periphs] Okidata Location & Number

dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) (11/02/88)

Could someone please give me the number to Okidata, or where they are located?
I am trying to replace a hard to find part for one of their printers, and
I don't have a manual to locate their address or phone number.
--
Dan Troxel VP of Computer Operations @
Handwriting Research Corporation - 2821 E. Camelback Road Suite 600

dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) (11/05/88)

From article <327@hrc.UUCP>, by dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP):
> Could someone please give me the number to Okidata, or where they are located?
> I am trying to replace a hard to find part for one of their printers, and
> I don't have a manual to locate their address or phone number.

Last I checked, Oki America was based in New Jersey, and their phone
number was 1-800-OKIDATA..

(and when I needed help {years and years ago}, their tech called me back
on their dime! :-)

-dg-

bill@bilver.UUCP (Bill Vermillion) (11/06/88)

In article <327@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) writes:
>Could someone please give me the number to Okidata, or where they are located?
>I am trying to replace a hard to find part for one of their printers, and
>I don't have a manual to locate their address or phone number.

I am posting this rather than email, because others might need it too.
Oki has a fairly healthy minimum on parts.

This is NOT a commercial announcement.  A friend of mine operates a small
computer/business supply firm in Orlando.  He stocks many OKI parts, and can
get most in a few days - something most printer distributors will not do.
An example:   He usually gets print-heads in in lots of 1 or 2 hundred at a
time, and one time Oki - in NJ I think, was refering calls to him because they
ran out.

Call 407-897-7100  .   The company is Micro-Supply - Ask for Nick Konya.

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill@bilver.UUCP

kaufman@maxzilla.Encore.COM (Lar Kaufman) (11/07/88)

In article <327@hrc.UUCP> dan@hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel VP) writes:
>Could someone please give me the number to Okidata, or where they are located?

Last time I used the service, Okidata had a universal customer support
number. Try calling 1-800-OKIDATA. They got me fixed up with a part
for my 83A some time back, and also mentioned that a newer printhead
was available which produced a finer dot, resulting in a better
looking boldface output.
  -lar

 Lar Kaufman   <= my opinions          Fidonet: 1:322/470@508-534-1842
 kaufman@multimax.arpa    {bu-cs,decvax,necntc,talcott}!encore!kaufman