[comp.periphs] Need info on ATASI Hard drive

paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) (02/19/89)

Does anyone out there happen to know what the physical specs for an
ATASI 3046 hard drive is?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

 Saiid Paryavi                      			Computer Science Dept.
 paryavi@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu       			Nichols Hall
 paryavi@ksuvax1.BITNET           			Kansas State University
 {pyramid,ucsd}!ncr-sd!ncrwic!ksuvax1!paryavi		Manhattan, KS  66506

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (02/21/89)

In article <874@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, paryavi@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Saiid Paryavi) writes:
> Does anyone out there happen to know what the physical specs for an
> ATASI 3046 hard drive is?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Unformatted capacity:  47.03MB
Seek time (T to T):     3.0 ms
          (max):       60   ms
Data Cylinders:       645
R/W Heads:              7

Although this is not in the Atasi manual, the system I have with
one in it suggests reduced write current at cyl 128 and precomp at
cyl 320.

My experience with them is they either die young or run forever.
We have one here that has been in every system we have owned.  Put
it in, run it for a year or two and then replace it with a bigger one.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl