[comp.periphs] Rodime Hard Drive

diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) (03/30/89)

   I have recently purchased a Rodime RO5125S Hard Drive.  I have been able
to format it to approximately 102 meg. I bought the drive used and no manuals
or specs were included beyond a bad sector list.

   Can anyone give me some information on this model? I have looked through
some of the newer hardware catalogs for distributors that carry Rodime drives
but I have not found a listing for this particular model. Is it an older model
or what?

   I would appreciate any specs , information or phone #'s that anyone might
have concerning information sources for this drive.

Please E-mail to : diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu.

alz@tc.fluke.COM (Al Weiss) (04/01/89)

In article <4950@hubcap.clemson.edu> diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>I have recently purchased a Rodime RO5125S Hard Drive.  I have been able
>to format it to approximately 102 meg.   . . . .
>I would appreciate any specs , information or phone #'s that anyone might
>have concerning information sources for this drive.

Rodime can be contacted at 407-994-6200 (Boca Raton, FL).  One national
distributer is Anthem.  But a 1987 listing from Rodime says for the 5125S:
128.2 Meg unformatted, 107.1 formatted (34 sectors/track, 512 byte sectors),
3 platters, 5 heads (wierd?), 1231 cyl, 1100 tpi,833ms latency, 28ms avg seek,
SCSI interface, uses RLL, auto parking heads, rotary voice coil,
half-height 5.25", 18 Watts.

Question for the netters: Does Rodime use one platter with one head for speed
control or clocking of some sort, or do they really have data on just one side
of one platter?

Al