[comp.periphs] Homebrew cables

840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) (04/14/89)

I want to make my own modem cable for my Amiga 1000 computer.  Could
anyone send me the necessary pin connections to do this, or tell me
where I could find out how to do it?  Thank you.
--
% Alan W. McKay     %                                             %
% Acadia University %   " The world needs more Socrates           %

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/15/89)

In article <1788@aucs.UUCP>, 840445m@aucs (Alan W. McKay) writes:
>I want to make my own modem cable for my Amiga 1000 computer.

Good for you!

>Could
>anyone send me the necessary pin connections to do this, or tell me
>where I could find out how to do it?

First, you should get a good book on RS232 to know what pins do what.
Most technial bookstores sell such manuals.  Then, get out your dusty
_Introduction_to_Amiga_ book that came with your A1000, and use pages
7-11 and 7-12 as a guide to what pins on the Amiga's seiral port are
normal and which are abnormal.  Don't connect anything to pins 14, 21,
or 23 (unless you know what you're doing).  Good luck!

	...tad