[comp.periphs] IMI hard disk drives

zmacz02@cc.ic.ac.uk (C N S Whitfield) (04/21/89)

I will shortly be acquiring an Onyx C8002 computer system which needs
its disk drives replaced.

The drives are IMI 7710/20/40, but I have no idea where replacements
can be found. If these are unavailable, does anyone know how easy it
would be to interface other types of drive?

Any help would be much appreicted. Please don't reply to the From
address, as it'll bounce.

Nigel Whitfield.
nigel@cc.ic.ac.uk			(Janet)
@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU:nigel@cc.ic.ac.uk	(Internet/Bitnet)
@ukacrl:nigel@cc.ic.ac.uk		(EARN)
cernvax!cc.imperial.ac.uk!nigel		(UUCP via UKC won't work)

In article <ZMACZ02.89Apr19135836@tsun8.cc.ic.ac.uk> zmacz02@cc.ic.ac.uk (C N S Whitfield) writes:
> I will shortly be acquiring an Onyx C8002 computer system which needs
> its disk drives replaced.
>
> The drives are IMI 7710/20/40, but I have no idea where replacements
> can be found. If these are unavailable, does anyone know how easy it
> would be to interface other types of drive?
>
> Any help would be much appreicted. Please don't reply to the From
> address, as it'll bounce.
>
> Nigel Whitfield.
> cernvax!cc.imperial.ac.uk!nigel		(UUCP via UKC won't work)

I doubt you'll find any IMI drives laying around, though you might find
somebody with a junk Onyx system willing to make you a deal.  I seem to
recall the that company that bought out Onyx (Corvus?) did come out with
some kind of adapter to replace the IMI drives with 5.25" drives, so you
might want to check in that direction.