[comp.periphs] Adaptec SCSI to ethernet card

herder@myab.se (Jan Herder) (05/31/89)

    I'm trying to get some information about Adaptec's SCSI to
ethernet card. When I phoned the local represenative here in Sweden
he informed me that the scsi commands to the card are kept secret.

    Is this really true! I find it hard to belive. Is Adaptec trying
to dig it's own grave?
--
Jan Herder, MYAB Sweden                    |  Phone: +46 31 18 75 12
Internet: herder@myab.se                   |  Fax:   +46 31 18 28 42

douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee) (06/04/89)

In article <464@myab.se> herder@myab.se (Jan Herder) writes:
>    I'm trying to get some information about Adaptec's SCSI to
>ethernet card. When I phoned the local represenative here in Sweden
>he informed me that the scsi commands to the card are kept secret.
>    Is this really true! I find it hard to belive. Is Adaptec trying
>to dig it's own grave?
I suspect you have been misinformed, as I phoned Adaptec in the U.S.A and received a complete technical manual and schematics for their ACB4070 SCSI to ST506
card. I called because I was having a problem and my call was retured by one Jim Ant(h)ony who was very helpful. The manual included the full SCSI protocol for
this card. I found their service and documentation to be excellent.
				    <<<Doug>>>