[comp.periphs] Where the CRAP is this cord????????????????

woolard@uns-helios.nevada.edu (Mike Woolard) (07/08/89)

Keywords:cord,Commodore

Subject: Where the crap is this cord????????
--------

I am in Las Vegas, and I have a Commodore Model 1702 Color Monitor,
& would like to find a cord to make it compatible with the RGB jack
on my Laser XT.  Does anyone know of such a cord????

                                       |-------  Chroma input
It must go from   RGB (9-pin) ---------|
                                       |-------  Luma   input

It seems to me there should be one SOMEWHERE....
Thanks in advance.

Mike Woolard
woolard@helios.nevada.edu.

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (07/09/89)

>I have a Commodore Model 1702 Color Monitor, & would like to find a cord
>to make it compatible with the RGB jack on my Laser XT.

It would probably be cheaper to buy a new monitor. That's not a cord; it's
about $100 worth of electronics. But I'm not aware of any cheap, standalone
units to do this precise translation; the ones I have seen are professional
grade, like $500 and up. Note, too, that a monitor built to accept chroma
and luma is going to give a lousy picture with typical PC graphics software,
that expects the higher resolution of a true RGB monitor.

<csg>