[net.unix-wizards] Cat -s Down Under the Stars

cottrell@nbs-vms.ARPA (08/22/85)

/*
> > 		cc -E prog.c | cb | cat -s
>
> ANOTHER FLAG FOR CAT!?!?!? How many places have cat -s?
> --
> 	Peter (The Mad Australian) da Silva

Every site that has BSD or a derived system.
Just what makes those Aussies so mad anyway?
First, it's Mad Max, now it's Peter.
Maybe it's the British :-) (I'm 1/4 Irish so I know)

	jim		cottrell@nbs
*/
------

gnb@mullian.OZ (Greg Bond) (08/23/85)

In article <865@brl-tgr.ARPA> cottrell@nbs-vms.ARPA writes:
>> 	Peter (The Mad Australian) da Silva
>
>Just what makes those Aussies so mad anyway?
>First, it's Mad Max, now it's Peter.
>Maybe it's the British :-) (I'm 1/4 Irish so I know)
>	jim		cottrell@nbs

Owyerzallgoin, Orrite?

I might just take this opportunity to say that not ALL Australians are
mad. It maybe just Peter, but some of my best friends are Australians..
And there is little appreciation for being called British 8-)

Perhaps Peter is mad for leaving these wonderous shores for the US!

Bewdy Mate, Bonzer, Stone the crows, etc..

Greg (proud to be a mainly sane Aussie) Bond.
--
Programmers Dictionary: ``argc'' - Expression of frustration. See argv.

In-Real-Life: Gregory Bond (gnb@mullian), Electrical Engineering, Melbourne Uni
UUCP: ...!seismo!munnari!mullian.oz!gnb       CSNET: gnb@mullian.oz
ARPA: munnari!mullian.oz!gnb@SEISMO.ARPA     ACSNET: gnb@mullian.oz (Domains!)

geoff@ISM780.UUCP (08/23/85)

> > >             cc -E prog.c | cb | cat -s
> >
> > ANOTHER FLAG FOR CAT!?!?!? How many places have cat -s?
> >       Peter (The Mad Australian) da Silva
Well, PC/IX, IS/3 (our System III port), IS/Workbench (our VMS Workbench),
as well as AT&T's Sys V, AT&T's Sys V.2.1, and all of our other ports
which I can't name publicly ... in fact, I haven't found ANY UNIX* that
doesn't have cat -s.

			   Geoffrey Kimbrough
			INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.
	    {the world}!ihnp4!{cca, allegra}!ima!ism780!geoff

		      * UNIX is a trademark of AT&T

	   [   The opinions above represent my own, if my    ]
	   [ employer wanted them, he would pay me for them. ]

		Never, never, never hit a dog. -- Pavlov. (!!!)

campbell@maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (08/26/85)

> > > ANOTHER FLAG FOR CAT!?!?!? How many places have cat -s?
> > >       Peter (The Mad Australian) da Silva
> Well, PC/IX, IS/3 (our System III port), IS/Workbench (our VMS Workbench),
> as well as AT&T's Sys V, AT&T's Sys V.2.1, and all of our other ports
> which I can't name publicly ... in fact, I haven't found ANY UNIX* that
> doesn't have cat -s.
> 			   Geoffrey Kimbrough
> 			INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.
> 	    {the world}!ihnp4!{cca, allegra}!ima!ism780!geoff

VenturCom's VENIX/86 (a fairly straightforward V7 port for Intel CPUs)
doesn't have cat -s.

Larry Campbell                     decvax!genrad
The Boston Software Works, Inc.                 \
120 Fulton St.                 seismo!harvard!wjh12!maynard!campbell
Boston MA 02109                         /       /
                                   ihnp4  cbosgd

ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp@harvard.arpa

dave@pyramids.OZ (Dave Horsfall) (08/27/85)

> > ANOTHER FLAG FOR CAT!?!?!? How many places have cat -s?
> > --
> > 	Peter (The Mad Australian) da Silva
>
> Every site that has BSD or a derived system.
> Just what makes those Aussies so mad anyway?
> First, it's Mad Max, now it's Peter.
> Maybe it's the British :-) (I'm 1/4 Irish so I know)
>
> 	jim		cottrell@nbs

Peter da Silva?  Never heard of him, mate ...  We're not all mad down here!
--
Dave Horsfall            VTL: 248181000
Lionel Singer Group      STD: (02) 438-1266   ISD: +61 2 438-1266

> ... in fact, I haven't found ANY UNIX* that doesn't have cat -s.

Try V5, V6, V7, or V8, from which all other Unixes are derived.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology